At the seventh week I have done:
- implemented Peril’s PDA commands
- implemented Peril’s PDA hardcode(thumb moving)
- code cleanup
Finally the engine brach was merged with ScummVm’s main repository. Testers are welcome to download ScummVm from buildbot and test Pink Panther games.
Advantages over original engine:
1) Very low CPU usage even with scaling. The original engine doesn’t have a delay after each frame, so it consumes whole core.
2) Passport To Peril supports sound balance.
3) All advantages which ScummVm offers(scaling, cross-platform, etc)
So what’s left:
- Game menu.
These features don’t affect gameplay because ActionText is used only in PDA and menu is just needed to quickly navigate through PDA.