Week 1

At the first week I fixed bugs in Pink Panther engine.

Not much work was done because I have exams in university.

The games were crashing when decoding some sprites, but at first I thought that it was a problem with my code. I ran the game with Valgrind and found a method which wrote beyond the array. And it was ScummVm’s decoder method. It decoded BYTE_RUN chunk as standard FLC format.

https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/pull/1190

Next, I fixed sprites which started to play with delay. The problem was in that I decode frames until startFrame, but didn’t take into account the next frame start time. So I added a method which decodes the frame, but didn’t add a frame delay.

https://github.com/whiterandrek/scummvm/commit/7fe6bb2963fe72f8aaaf0697aeb6c9da92aff722

Next week I plan to add the menu to call PDA from it and finish loop sprites which currently are played only forward.

Some gameplay from current version

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s